Friday, April 25, 2014

Twice the Fun-Part 8

Ariana H. King


Natalie River looked at me with a shocked look on her face.
 "What?"
 "I can't believe you just hurt your sister!"
I rolled my eyes. "Oh come on! Just a little joke." I assured her.
 I looked at the crystal clear water and saw Roar. Yep, she was still down there. We waited 3, 6, 9 seconds before I realized something. Roar was drowning! She couldn't swim! 
 Wait a second...how did I not know that she couldn't swim? I'm her twin! We're supposed to everything about each other! I thought in my mind.
 "Natalie! Help! What do we do? She's drowning!" I screamed at the mermaid like it was her fault. But it wasn't. It was mine. I was responsible. Not Natalie. Then I thought, What would I tell Mom? What would I tell Mom?
 But I didn't have time to think about that. All I could think about was, I have to save Aurora!
 I jumped in the ice cold water. I no longer cared about my clothes getting soaked.
Splash!
I swam to the top of the water to see where Roar was. I contacted her about 2 feet away. Except, she was above water too, alive and well.
 My jaw dropped. "But...you-you were drowning!" I stuttered.
She smiled-a real, true smile, not a sarcastic or teasing smile.
"Air, you wouldn't believe it if you didn't see it." she said.
 "Oh Aurora! You're safe! I thought you were going to die! Why didn't you ever tell me you couldn't swim? I'm so sorry for pushing you in! Please, please forgive me."
 "I forgive you, but-"
"Oh thank you Aurora! I don't know what I would have done if you died!" I said, a little too dramatic.
 "Yeah, you're welcome, but Air-"
"What?"
"This..."she said. Then, she lifted up her legs out of the water-but they weren't legs anymore. She had a full-grown, green shimmering, mermaid tail!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey girls! Whether you are just looking at the comments or going to publish a comment, THANK YOU! Thank you for reading my blog, and sharing your opinions! It means so much to me!
But now for the really serious stuff:

-No bad language. It may seem obvious, but I still want to make sure that you understand that this is a blog for pre-teen/teenagers. Absolutely NONE of that.
-Make sure your comment isn't mean or hurtful to anyone. The last thing I want is for that person to cry.
-Please don't post a million comments that are the same. Like,"What's your pet's name?" three times in 1 day. I get your comments through email. I know that they are there. If I don't respond right away, that means I haven't checked my email.

Make sure you follow these rules. I will delete any comments that disobey these rules, and believe me, I don't want to do that. The last rule I am not really strict about. The other ones though, I am.
Don't get me wrong. I SERIOUSLY LOVE WHEN YOU COMMENT!

Thank you for reading this. Love,
Guinea Pig Lover