Friday, March 6, 2015

True Beauty

    Hello there! It has been too long since I have made a post like this, and I am ashamed of that fact. People have been asking me why my blog is named Lord's Girls if I don't even mention the Lord in most of my posts. I am really sorry! I didn't even realize I was doing this until you guys said something! Thank you so much for snapping me out of my ignorance! :) But anyway, today I am doing a post on "True Beauty". Does anyone even know what that means? I don't blame you, because our society doesn't really talk about it that much. Oh sure, we talk about beauty enough to make my ears bleed, but we don't really talk about the real meaning of beauty. First, let's go to dictionary.com and look up the definition of beauty.
  1. the quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind, whether arising from sensory manifestations (as shape, color, sound, etc.), a meaningful   design or pattern, or something else (as a personality in which high spiritual qualities are   manifest).
  2. a beautiful person, especially a woman.
  3. a beautiful thing, as a work of art or a building.
So there is that. Seems legit, right? What does God say about beauty? 


1 Peter 3: 3-4 "Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious."







Proverbs 31: 30 "Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."







Did you just read that?! God says that charm is deceitful and beauty is vain! WHAT?! Better yet, read this following verse:







Matthew 6: 28 "And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin..."


Hmm...what does THAT mean? Well, I'm no expert on translations, but the lilies are beautiful, right? Well, imagine yourself as a lily. You grow and you grow and you become more lovely as God's love forms around you. Do you get it now? You need to NOT be all obsessed about what to wear or how to make your face "pretty" with makeup.

Image result for true beauty quotes for girls
YOU are truly beautiful. Maybe you don't think you are physically, but if you follow God's will, you will be spiritually.



This post is making me cry because I am so PASSIONATE about this. Here's one to make you laugh or smile, or maybe both:

Image result for true beauty quotes for girls

:D

Image result for true beauty quotes for girls

Did you know that we spend more than 8 BILLION DOLLARS on cosmetics in JUST THE UNITED STATES?! That is more than the whole world's money spent on basic education. The WHOLE WORLD! The whole world spends only $6 billion on basic education for all. Doesn't that make you cry?

Image result for true beauty quotes for girls

It truly is. It truly is.

Image result for am i perfect yet

I am seriously bawling my eyes out. Doesn't this move you? How many times do I need to tell you? You. Are. Beautiful.

Image result for mirror mirror on the wall who's the fairest of them all quote

This is too true. :'(

Image result for mirror mirror on the wall who's the fairest of them all must be the girl who can't stop crying

This is my favorite quote I have ever read in my life.



No. NO!

Image result for sad beauty quotes

Don't become one of those people who make the bruises. Be the person who helps them through their life. That shows Christ's love. That stays there for them no matter what.

Image result for I am there for you images

If you have any questions, or if you would like to tell me your problems or testimonies, I swear I will read them and respond to you. You are not alone. I will be there for you. If you don't feel comfortable with commenting, and I'm sure you won't, just email me at lordsgirls.blogspot.com@gmail.com. Remember:

I love you, but that isn't worth as much as God loving you. And no matter what you have done or have felt, he loves you SO much. :)


(Resources: dictionary.com, the Bible, Google Images, and YouTube for video.)

Loving Him more everyday...



13 comments:

  1. Amazing post Trinity! I LOVED it! You wrote some great things!! I was in a calendar last year and Proverbs 31:30 was what was on it! How cool!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you liked it! :) That's awesome!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this. <3

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thank you for taking the time to read it. :D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hey! That sounds great! Your blog is awesome. <3

      Delete
  4. That is so true! Thanks for writing this, it has helped me a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those were such beautiful quotes! Thank you for making such a moving post about!

    Chiara xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! There are so many verses about beauty in the Bible, and that it is truly found in the inside. Sometimes it's hard to embrace since this society is so focused on outward appearances.
    One of my favorite verses on this topic comes from Isaiah 45 that says, "Does the clay say to the potter, 'What are you making?' Does your work say, 'The potter has no hands'?"
    The creator of the universe made us...and so if we are unhappy with the way we look, we are basically unhappy with the creator!
    Of course there are going to be days when we don't feel pretty enough, but that's when these verses come in handy, the ones you shared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing that verse with me, and for taking the time to read my post. :)

      Delete
  7. I nominated you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Hey girls! Whether you are just looking at the comments or going to publish a comment, THANK YOU! Thank you for reading my blog, and sharing your opinions! It means so much to me!
But now for the really serious stuff:

-No bad language. It may seem obvious, but I still want to make sure that you understand that this is a blog for pre-teen/teenagers. Absolutely NONE of that.
-Make sure your comment isn't mean or hurtful to anyone. The last thing I want is for that person to cry.
-Please don't post a million comments that are the same. Like,"What's your pet's name?" three times in 1 day. I get your comments through email. I know that they are there. If I don't respond right away, that means I haven't checked my email.

Make sure you follow these rules. I will delete any comments that disobey these rules, and believe me, I don't want to do that. The last rule I am not really strict about. The other ones though, I am.
Don't get me wrong. I SERIOUSLY LOVE WHEN YOU COMMENT!

Thank you for reading this. Love,
Guinea Pig Lover